Since New Years, the flu has hit off and on here.
Today I have decided to try my first Gogyoka for Colleen’s Tuesday Tanka Challenge. I have set the Rules out below and I think I have followed the five basics.
Five rules of Gogyohka by Enta Kusakabe (1983).
- Gogyohka is a new form of short poem that is based on the ancient Japanese Tanka and Kodai kayo.
- Gogyohka has five lines, but exceptionally may have four or six.
- Each line of Gogyohka consists of one phrase with a line-break after each phrase or breath.
- Gogyohka has no restraint on numbers of words or syllables.
- The theme of Gogyohka is unrestricted.
The two words I have chosen to use synonymously are FEVER AND COLD.
Germs are attacking me
Raging around my body
Cough keeping me from sleep
It would make a lesser mortal weep.
Follow the schedule listed below: