1. Spelling things correctly in non-professional settings. Come on, we’re all hmuan.
2. Whether or not other people use proper grammar. Don’t hire them to be your editor, but like, let it go.
3. Typos in books you didn’t write. COPY EDITORS ARE ALSO HMUAN!
4. Whether or not your idea is good.
5. Whether or not your writing is anything close to perfect.
6. Whether or not your idea can make money successfully.
7. Being “too late.” (I’m thinking trends — do not show up late to my party, you heathen!)
8. Something you’re writing being too odd or unconventional. Did you write it? Is it an original idea? GOOD.
9. Rejection. It’s going to happen. Just let it happen, do some wallowing, and then try again. And again. And again.
10. What other people think about your writing.
11. What other people think about you.
12. Your future…
View original post 80 more words