Reading Links 1/16/18
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/01/07/my-bookreview-of-paranormal-romance-its-a-wonderful-undead-life-by-remullins/ Her wishes for an angelic saviour see her staggering drunkenly to a bridge overlooking the river, as she tries to replicate a scene from the movie. But instead of an angel, a vampire appears and bites her.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2018/01/08/colleens-book-reviews-the-man-who-found-birds-among-the-stars-bird-of-prey-part-three-by-author-lorinda-j-taylor/ Wounded physically and mentally by the disaster aboard the Darter, Capt. Nikalishin struggles in Part Two of this biography to overcome the aftereffects and find fulfillment in a life where his dream of flying to the stars has been lost.
- http://teripolen.com/2018/01/11/fourth-dimension-by-eric-walters-bookreview-postapocalyptic/ In a world with no power, chaos soon descends.
- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2018/01/blog-tour-excerpt-beneath-the-haunting-sea-by-joanna-ruth-meyer/ This book is for you if you like:
Betrayal, true love, heartbreak, adventure, a boy who plays piano, a mysterious library, an immortal tree, and an intensely malicious evil sea goddess. Basically, Jane Austen meets The Silmarillion, with kissing.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/neutral-space-by-rtranbooks-bookreview-bookish-books-iartg-scifi/ Lieutenant Jackson Peterson thought he knew who the enemy was.
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/rosies-bookreview-team-rbrt-jaydawes2-reviews-fantasy-keepers-by-sacha_black/ A complex plot, fascinating characters and a strong leading woman take you on a gripping journey where you find yourself alternating between fantasy and reality.
- http://www.autumnwriting.com/best-worldbuilding-2017/ Gates of Fire takes best worldbuilding 2017.
- http://www.talesoftheravenousreader.com/2018/01/i-am-warrior-hear-me-roar-valiant-by.html Named after the Goddess of the Hunt (Artemis), Artemisia was the 5th century BCE Queen of Halicarnassus, a kingdom that exists in modern-day Turkey. However, she was best known as a naval commander and ally of Xerxes, the King of Persia, in his invasion of the Greek city-states.
- http://www.talesoftheravenousreader.com/2018/01/when-love-hate-combine-love-between.html the best kind of book candy read, sweet and too tempting to stop after the first page.
3. http://www.talesoftheravenousreader.com/2018/01/score-release-day-launch-and-excerpt.html A sexy, standalone forbidden romance about a sports star and the woman who’s off limits.
- http://www.talesoftheravenousreader.com/2018/01/new-douchebag-alert-how-to-date.html THERE ARE NO DOUCHEBAGS IN THIS STORY. Well, there are, but they’re not who this story is about.
- https://robbiesinspiration.wordpress.com/2018/01/07/a-birthday-cake-and-a-book-cover/ Her work fascinates me!
- http://scbwimithemitten.blogspot.com/2018/01/hugs-and-hurrahs.html News of four new MG!
- https://jennykellerford.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/book-review-looking-for-dei/ Fifteen-year-old Nara Dall has never liked secrets. Yet it seems that her life has been filled with them, from the ugly scar on her back to the strange powers she possesses.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/falling-for-the-wrestler-a-deceptive-match-by-kwilkinsauthor-romance-books-bookstagram/ Falling for the wrestler she had been assigned to interview wasn’t part of Danni’s plan, until Vinnie Valentine pinned her heart in a flash.
- http://stinalindenblattauthor.com/wordpress/decidedly-off-limits-is-on-sale/ Best Friend Rule #1: never want the guy’s sister.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/love-christianfiction-with-a-futuristic-thriller-vibe-check-out-these-books-fridayreads/ Suspense/thrillers here.
- https://saraflower.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/book-launch-the-pup-and-the-pianist/ “It is 1814 and war is still raging between France and England.”
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/my-bookreview-of-histfic-whales-and-strange-stars-by-kathysharp19-brookcottagebks/ A world beyond her own.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/the-geyser-girl-on-lisaburtonradio/ In Yellowstone National Park, at the beginning of the twentieth century, a girl of mysterious origins is adopted from infancy by Old Faithful geyser, and by a mother buffalo named Bearer of Song. Beloved to all the park, Flower of the Steam Basin grows up with their stories, proverbial sayings and teachings.
- http://coffinhop.com/2018/01/08/manchestervice-and-conmorte-on-sale-noirvellas-for-a-buck-on-kindle-and-kobo/ On sale in all markets on KINDLEand
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/look-out-for-frankenstein-the-1818-text-penguin-classics/ Shelley’s Frankensteinis a classic horror story, evoking powerful dynamics as we see creator become monster, and monster become human.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/book-review-great-british-horror-2-edited-by-steve-j-shaw/ “No doubt, in years to come, Great British Horror will become thepublication serious and aspiring horror writers beg to be seen in.”
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/book-review-imposter-syndrome-edited-by-james-everington-and-dan-howarth/ “a book which deserves to sit on every horror aficionado’s shelf. Its stories are to be savoured and marvelled at, each author meeting and exceeding expectations.”
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/look-out-for-the-hunger-by-alma-katsu/ “a chilling, albeit twisted, historical view of what could have actually happened; a “what-if” that aims to terrify as well as inform.”
- https://coffinhop.com/2018/01/13/coffinhop-presents-bloodyoffensive-february-14/ Six silver-tongued femmes.
- http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2018/01/horror-list-book-review-john-dies-at-end.html “an oddball journey with Lovecraftian themes.”
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/01/13/rosies-bookreview-team-rbrt-horror-ghosts-of-manor-house-by-ghostsofmh/ The book is a ghost story in the best tradition of psychological horror.
- http://lizlovesbooks.com/lizlovesbooks/latest-reads-games-with-the-dead-james-nally/ Irish runaway. Insomniac. Functioning alcoholic.
Life is about to get complicated for DC Donal Lynch.
- http://lizlovesbooks.com/lizlovesbooks/latest-reads-its-always-the-husband-michele-campbell/ On the night of a 40th birthday party, a woman is encouraged to jump from a bridge by a friend.
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/01/08/my-bookreview-of-romanticsuspense-bound-by-shadows-by-reily_garrett/ Kaylee Tate recently moved to Portland. She wakes-up in a cage, finding herself a victim of a kidnapping. The last thing she can remember is sitting in a café. Her head is fuzzy with the drugs she must have been given.
- https://donmassenzio.wordpress.com/2018/01/13/review-john-howells-circumstances-of-childhood/ When a former pro football star and broadcaster, now a Wall Street maven is accused of insider trading, will he be able to prove his innocence and expose those who are guilty?
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/dr-lindsey-mccall-character-interview-linwilder-fridayreads-bookstagram-thriller-iartg/ Eighteen-year-old Morgan Gardner did not seem like someone who could save the world—unless you took the time to notice her eyes. And most people didn’t.
- http://lizlovesbooks.com/lizlovesbooks/the-radio-not-the-song-writing-lucky-ghost-matthew-blakstad/ Early one Monday morning, much like today, journalist Alex Kubelick walks up to a total stranger and slaps him across the face. Hard.
- http://lizlovesbooks.com/lizlovesbooks/latest-reads-the-fear-c-l-taylor/ When Lou Wandsworth ran away to France with her teacher Mike Hughes, she thought he was the love of her life. But Mike wasn’t what he seemed and he left her life in pieces.
- http://lizlovesbooks.com/lizlovesbooks/latest-reads-an-engineered-injustice-william-myers/ What if the deadliest train wreck in the nation’s history was no accident?
- https://rosieamber.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/rosies-bookreview-team-rbrt-mystery-offstage-in-nuala-by-harrietsteel1-tuesdaybookblog/ As with the previous books, Harriet Steel sets the scene and paints a vivid picture of the rich and multi cultural way of life in 1930s Ceylon, with authentic dialogue and expressive prose, which completely captures the feel of a bygone era. A
- http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/sfm-campbell-turtledove-corey-rusch-balder/ Our weekly exploration of free and inexpensive short fiction available on the internet.
- http://kriswrites.com/2018/01/08/waltzing-on-a-dancers-grave/ When Greta arrives at Grayson Place with her ballet company, her memories haunt her. Karl Grayson died there twenty years earlier, but she returns to the mansion for the company’s fiftieth-anniversary gala anyway, just as he wished.
Karl’s death freed her once. Or did it?
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/congratulations-mr-boyack-its-a-book/ “a recipe for a paranormal adventure story like no other.”
- https://twodropsofink.com/2018/01/06/the-book-store-shout-out-7/ Looking for creative writing prompts that you can actually relate to? Want to give your perspective as a modern woman and make your voice heard? This book is a must-read for women writers.
- https://jenanita01.com/2018/01/05/release-day-for-lazy-days-is-nearly-here/ This travelogue is the true story of our family’s first proper holiday back in the Seventies.