- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/lovecrafts-five-definite-elements-part-3-what-it-actually-does/ If it follows your rules, your reader will follow you anywhere.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/03/17/7-tips-to-traversing-the-fantasy-countryside/ The inviting witch’s or demon’s lair. Scary thought.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/03/15/castle-contractors-we-dont-charge-by-the-brick/ Designing your own castle.
- http://middlegrademafia.com/2017/03/15/new-agent-alert-claire-easton-of-painted-words/ MG and YA.
- http://middlegrademafia.com/2017/03/16/scbwisouthern-breeze-springmingle/ Check this out for next year.
- http://middlegrademafia.com/2017/03/13/agent-alert-kortney-price-of-holloway-literary/ MG, YA, and NA.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/how-to-find-your-magic/ Ways to catch luck.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/falling-in-love-with-the-bad-boy-is-it-wrong/ Writing villains.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/what-throws-you-out-of-a-story/ Infodumps?
- https://stevelaube.com/why_write-a-synopsis/ It’s a quick overview of the story.
- https://stevelaube.com/fake-news-christian-author/ Checking your facts, especially those online.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/03/writing-with-chronic-pain.html Working in steps. I do this. I start off writing first thing in the morning then I take a break to do some housecleaning. I go back and do some reading. In between, dropping and picking up my kids. In the evening, I try and squeeze some more reading in, do my prep for blog posts, and if I’m lucky, I get a little more writing time and working on future projects before I go to sleep. The weekends are pretty much the same, but I can take longer at each of these steps.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/03/its-normal-to-feel-like-loser.html Every writer hits this at some point.
- http://writeitforward.com/the-ides-of-march/ George Washington. The Tsar of Russia.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/03/15/research-in-historical-fiction-by-lucille-turner/ How do you begin and when to stop.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/03/17/somewhere-in-france-11th-december-1915/ Trench repairs.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/tih-138-adam-nevill-on-the-ritual-writing-process-and-facebook-advertising/ Tips on a successful Facebook campaign.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/5-must-read-horror-articles-13-march-2017/ Eight remakes worth viewing.
- http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/news-round-up-week-ending-10-march-2017/ The Spirit of Place.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/03/night-terrors-winning-the-battle-with-self-doubt.html Tips on what to do about doubt.
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/yes-i-know-im-just-an-outcast/ A hard role to live with.
- https://killzoneblog.com/2017/03/four-ways-to-make-your-novels-addictive.html Give us a character who may not be likeable but who you can’t help but be riveted by.
- https://margotkinberg.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/this-isnt-where-we-intended-to-be/ Major changes present plot devices.
- https://everydaysamystery.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/whats-on-your-shelf-teri-polen/ Are your bookshelves organized? With the exception of the Stephen King and Dean Koontz shelves, not in my case.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/branding/ Some ideas on tying together a series or possible more books. I need to give this some thought. A single image to bind them all? Sorry, my love for LOTR got the best of me.
- https://saraflower.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/sally-chapter-twelve/ A friend saved.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/lets-all-be-punks/ Do we need more break-offs in genre?
- https://scvincent.com/2017/03/16/notes-from-a-small-dog-absconding/ Fish and birds.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/pup/ The beast.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/chapterbuzz-update-5/ What’s in the book?
- http://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/17/waiting-for-spring-a-tanka/ Mother nature throws a punch. She sure did this past week!
- https://johnwhowell.com/2017/03/17/friday-johnku-aka-tgif-85/ Sunny day.
- https://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/haiku-friday-twist-shout/ The bee and the flower.
- https://chimerapoetry.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the-war-of-glass-animals/ The war is over, the fires damped.
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/03/16/thriving-thursdays-what-scares-you-guest-post-by-teagan-riordain-geneviene/ Big fears.
- https://janefriedman.com/how-to-publish-an-ebook/ Everything you need to know.
- https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2017/03/how-to-hitch-a-ride-on-someone-elses-holiday-to-sell-books/ Promoting your book on someone else’s special day.
- https://litworldinterviews.com/2017/03/16/drm-or-not-for-amazon/ Are DRMs worth it? Probably not.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/checking-under-hood-using-book-report.html A new way to track your books.
- http://selfpublishingadvice.org/how-to-reach-more-readers-and-make-more-money-from-your-books-gabriel-mercer-joanna-penn-adam-croft/ Great advice for Indies! Try bundles! Go wide and long: print, audio, ebook. Write books that people want to read! Try Author Earnings.com. Mysteries, sci-fi, romance etc. Joanna Penn. Jane Friedman. James Scott Bell and more!
- https://thestoryreadingapeblog.com/2017/03/18/63338/ Staying positive despite fear.
- http://authorkristenlamb.com/2017/03/faces-of-a-fatally-flawed-manuscript/ Spotting your little darlings.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/revision-workshop-day-fifteen-clean-up.html Make sure your descriptions are cleaned up.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/03/wired-for-story-for-pantsers/ Five tips for pantsters.
- http://kriswrites.com/2017/03/15/business-musings-control-control-control/ Film deals.
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/2017/03/revision-workshop-day-eighteen.html Getting rid of unnecessary prose.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/13/what-your-hogwarts-house-says-about-how-and-why-you-write/ Some fun.
- http://colleenchesebro.com/2017/03/14/amazon-kdp-and-kindle-unlimited-what-it-means-for-authors-and-publishers-written-word-media/ Not sure whether I discovered the point whether it’s bad in the long run? Doesn’t it get your story on the bestseller lists and bring readers to your next books? I guess you could make an argument for going wide or is it deep? Lol.
- https://janefriedman.com/stop-focusing-on-follower-count/ Use social media to your advantage.
- https://chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/quite-the-query-katie-bucklein-and-the-elegance-of-tyranny/ A winning query.
- http://www.brenda-drake.com/2017/03/pitch-wars-success-story-astrid-scholte-mentors-joan-mara-rutherford/ What made one Pitch wars story stand out for the mentors.
- http://writersinthestormblog.com/2017/03/glass-blowing-and-writing-how-theyre-alike/ What she discovered in the glass.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/15/random-writerly-advice/ Do you rush to get done?
- https://juantetcts.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/daily-post-43/ Secret?
- https://scvincent.com/2017/03/15/an-optimist-on-wings/ Do you choose how your day goes? I’ve probably done this myself. If something happens early in the day, I judge the rest by it.
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/2017/03/prowritingaid-a-useful-tool-for-many-types-of-writing/ A tool beyond grammar and spell check.
- http://ingridsundberg.com/2017/03/16/courage-conviction-certainty/ Three things that can make your writing soar.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/03/17/introducing-eric-smith/ Agent, editor, writer.
- https://phsolomon.com/2017/03/17/splitsville-using-scrivener-to-split-content/ How to split one chapter into two.
- http://nicholasrossis.me/2017/03/16/the-scandalous-flap-book-history/ The history of flap books.
- https://authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/fragment-friday-shout-out-your-book-edition/ Would you like to promote your book? Here’s where!
- https://scvincent.com/2017/03/17/original-tales-2/ Will our words one day be carried on by someone else? I think that would be an honor to inspire someone with something I wrote. I’m not talking complete copy but a phrase or two that takes us to another story.
- https://doctorly.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/traveling-through-time/ Road trips crammed in cars with siblings. Remember those days well. I remember when we went to this lake and found a bunch of arrowheads. That lake inspires my Lake Alopes in my WIP.
- https://jolenemottern.com/2017/03/16/thursdaydoors-a-night-at-the-symphony/ Those shadow roads!
- https://storyempire.com/2017/03/17/curated-content-17-march-2017/ Some links to check out!
- https://journeytoambeth.com/2017/03/16/thursday-doors-st-leonards-church-shoreditch/ A place connected to Shakespeare?
- https://maryblowers.com/2017/03/18/supportive-saturday-check-inside-for-links-to-book-deals-and-worthwhile-reads/ Links for other authors.
If you’d like, I have a newsletter to sign up for on the sidebar! I don’t spam. And I’ll only send out when I get enough people to test it and then just when there’s news or something special to report.